Try Out Permission Form
Salem Skip-Its' Achievement System
Coach Tommy Hager is the Salem Skip-Its sponsor.
How it works:
- There are six different levels:
Everyone starts with the red level. There are no exceptions to this rule. You can work on two consecutive levels at a time. Coach Hager or a YMCA Super Skipper must check off
the asterisked (*) items. Also, any Salem Skip-It having completed the green level can sign off on asterisked items on skill levels they have finished. Otherwise, other team members, a Salem Elementary staff member, or a PEPI coach can check you off...Honor system.
- Each Salem Skip-It will be given an all-white beaded rope. Upon completion of any individual requirement for each level, you will be given a colored bead (matching your level color) to put on your rope in exchange for a white bead. Beads will be passed out either during club time on Fridays, or Tues., Wed., and Thurs., mornings between 8:45 - 9:10 a.m.
- The red and orange levels must be completed before a skipper can perform with the team.
- A lost rope is $5.00 to replace. Lost colored beads are a quarter (twenty-five cents) each to replace.
- Jumping on campus is only allowed in the gym or outside, not in the hallways or classrooms.
- You must have your achievement level sheet (and a pen or pencil) with you for a skill to be checked off.
- Skip-Its must complete at least two levels each year in order to stay on the team, and not have to try-out again the following year.
- Skip-Its completing all levels before their last day in the 5th grade will be considered a "Salem Skip-It Legend". This list will remain posted in the gym for as long as this program runs.